The social media accounts maintained by the University of Toronto Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine exist to promote the department by sharing achievements of department members, including academic activities and awards. Major departmental events should also be promoted via the social media accounts. Content of a personal or casual nature should not be included in these posts.
- Privacy - Only publicly available information about people should be shared. Personal details (i.e. age, address, phone number, etc.) should not be included.
- High Quality Content - All posts should be include true and accurate information. Efforts should be made to link any source material in the post to ensure the publishing of correct information
- Copyrighted Material - Copyrighted material or professional works (images, slides, etc.) should not be used without permission. Sharing of posts that include appropriately attributed and allowable copyrighted material should ensure attribution to the author(s).
The committee will meet 3-4 times per year or as needed. The committee consists of a representative/lead from each site and its term is voluntary to a minimum of one year.
Mandate and Role
The committee will meet every 2-3 months. All committee members are expected to:
- Attend a minimum of 3 meetings each year. Attendance by teleconference is acceptable.
- Participate in meetings with a focus on developing, implementing and evaluating strategies to optimize the department social prescence.
- Provide input into completion of these tasks
Follow us on Twitter!