UT Anesthesia Interprofessional Teaching Award
This award is given to a department faculty member who is judged to be an outstanding teacher both within and outside the anesthesia community. It may be given annually if the selections committee identifies a worthy recipient. An individual may receive this award only once in any ten year period.
Nomination criteria include an excellent teaching record and demonstrated impact in interprofessional teaching over at least 3 years in any of the following areas:
- Excellence in clinical teaching, lectures and seminars
- Demonstrated skill in collaboration to contribute to learning in other disciplines
- Demonstrated influence that resulted in improved teaching
- Development of innovations to improve learning
- Active involvement in educational committees and/or administration that has advanced teaching or education
Members of the Department of Anesthesia are invited to nominate candidates.
To nominate someone for the 2017 Interprofessional Teaching Award, please click here for information.
2016 Dr. Irene McGhee
2014 Dr. Tobias Everett
2013 Dr. Stuart McCluskey
2012 Dr. Ki Jinn Chin
2011 Dr. Basem Naser
2010 Dr. Claire Middleton & Dr. Phillip Peng
2009 (Inaugural) Dr. Pam Morgan