Dr. Gil Faclier Award
The Dr. Gil Faclier Award was establised in 2018 to recognize an outstanding teacher in Pain Medicine. Dr. Faclier is widely acknowledged as one of the pioneering founders of Pain Medicine in Toronto. He highly regarded for his excellent teaching and mentorship of both trainees and faculty. The award is presentated annually to a faculty member within the Faculty of Medicine who is judged to be an outstanding teacher of the residents in the Pain Medicine Subspecialty program. The award is presented annually at Faculty Development Day and an individual may receive this award only once in any five year period.
Nomination criteria may include:
- An excellent teaching record over at least two years
- Excellence in clinical teaching, lectures, and seminars
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration to contribute to learning in other disciplines
- Demonstrated interest and activity to improve teaching
- Development of innovations to improve learning
- Involvement in educational research
- Active involvement in education committeesa and/or administration
Faculty members in the Department of Anesthesia, Pain Medicine Residents and faculty from other Departments who are actively involved in the subspecialty residency program are invited to nominate candidates.
To nominate someone for the 2019 Dr. Gil Faclier Award, please click here for more information