39th Annual Shields Research Day
The 39th Annual Shields Research Day was a success !!
This year, we celebrated the research undertaken by the faculty and trainees in our department. It was a were where our trainees present the best of their research and showcase initiatives underway. This day was named in honour of Dr. Harry Shields, the first chair of our department.
It was a pleasure having Professor Irene Tracey as our lecture keynote speaker to talk about "Advanced Neuroimaging of Pain, Analgesia and Anesthesia Induced Altered States of Conciousness". Professor Tracey holds the Nuffield Chair of Anaesthetic Science and is Head of the Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences at the University of Oxford - a 550 person world leading basic and clinical research department. Over the past 18 years her multidisciplinary research team has contributed to a better understanding of pain perception, pain relief and nociceptive processing within the injured and non-injured human central nervous system using advanced neuroimaging techniques. Most recently, Professor Tracey and her team have been investigating the neural bases of altered states of consciousness during anesthesia.
Many of our faculty and trainees were recognized for their innovative research, academic interest, and outstanding clnical work and contributions to the department. Congratulations !!
- Dr. Evelyn Bateman Award - Dr. Sally Hu
- Thomas Donald Hammell Memorial Award - Dr. Richar Charma
- Alan Laws Travel Fellowship Award - Dr. Tariq Esmail
- Tuition Award - Drs. Stephanie Ladowski and Naheed Jivraj
- R.J Byrick Award - Dr. Sarah Tierney
- A.C. Bryan Award - Dr. Doorsa Tarazi
- Dr. Hynek Rothbart Award - Dr. Justyna Bartoszko
- Dr. David Bevan Award - Dr. Talha Mubashir
- Clinical Excellence Awards
- Dr. Mark Kataoka (SMH)
- Dr. Peter Ho (MSH)
- Dr. Paul Tenenbein (TWH)
- Dr. Ki Jinn Chin (WCH)
- Dr. Richard Cooper (TGH)
- Dr. Karen Cybulski (HSC)
- Dr. Paul McHardy (SHSC)
- Dr. Juliana Tibbet (Michael Garron)
- Dr. Ali Abbass (SJHC)