Women's College Hospital (WCH)
In 1911, Women's College Hospital (WCH) opened the doors of its modest, seven-bed facility on Seaton Street, to its very first patient, thus marking the beginning of a hospital run for women, by women, and reaffirming the tireless work of the pioneers who sought something almost unheard of for their time - a place where female physicians could practice medicine.
In 2011, WCH celebrated a century of innovation, with programs, events and exhibits highlighting our brilliant past, while looking forward to an even brighter future focused on promoting the health of women and advancing health-care options for all.
Department of Anesthesia
P: (416) 323-6269