Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2017
An abstract must have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation.
Headings should include: background, methods, results, conclusions.
- Describe briefly the objectives of the study. State findings in detail sufficient to support conclusions.
- Use generic drug names.
- REB approval of study must be noted where relevant.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Nonstandard abbreviations (kept to a minimum) must be paced in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- Do not include credits or grant support.
- Do not include the names or personal information of any patient participating in the study or trial.
- Abstract are limited to 2,500 characters (about 400 words). This includes title, text and any graphic/table. Addition of a table or graphic deducts 250 characters.
NOTE: If you have additional items such as tables or figures to be included with your abstract please first upload the text via the normal abstract submission form and then send any additional information you would like included in the abstract submission/abstract book as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Both the document and the file name should be clearly labeled with your name, and your email address should be included in the document. Please provide a Word document, formatted in the portrait orientation. Please note that the abstract booklet will be printed in black and white, for clarity please make all graphs and figures in greyscale.