Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, March 16, 2017
An abstract must have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation.
Headings should include: background, methods, results, conclusions.
- Submit in Word format, Arial 11 point, double spaced, and 1” (2.5 cm) margins.
- Maximum 2500 characters (approximately 400 words).
- Single graph or table (will not add to the word count) can be submitted in Word format.
- Header must include Principal Investigator’s name and title of proposal.
- Briefly describe the objectives of the study. State findings in details sufficient to support conclusions.
- Use generic drug names.
- REB approval of study must be noted where relevant.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Nonstandard abbreviations (kept to a minimum) must be paced in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- All trainees (residents, fellows and graduate students) affiliated with the Department of Anesthesia are encouraged to submit one or several projects. Research assistants/coordinators are invited to submit their work which will be considered for poster presentation only. Faculty are not eligible for submission.
- The highest scoring abstracts for each category – clinical research, basic science and education will be presented as oral presentations and the others as posters.
Please click here to submit your abstracts by March 16, 2018.
Note: Multiple submissions are allowed; however, only one abstract will be accepted due to the high volume of submission
Please note that the abstract booklet will be printed in black and white, for clarity please make all graphs and figures in greyscale.