Pain Medicine Application Information
The application process is administered through the CaRMS [Canadian Residency Match Service] Medicine Subspecialty Match (MSM). The application can be accessed on the Carms website available at: https://www.carms.ca/en/
The following timelines are applicable for the upcoming match for the Pain Medicine residency positions starting on July 1, 2021. All interviews will be conducted virtually.
- July 15, 2020 - Applications OPEN on CaRMS website
- Aug 11, 2020 - CaRMS application DEADLINE
- Sept 8 - 5 October 2020 - National interview period
- University of Ottawa:
- University of Toronto: Oct 1, 2020
- Western University:
- McMaster University:
- University of British Columbia:
- University of Calgary:
- October 14, 2020 - Ranklist submission deadline
- November 4, 2020 - March day results available
NOTE: If you have also applied to the U.S match through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP), please be advised that the University of Toronto is a participating institution and adheres to the match policy. The policy states that "Applicants who have matched to a program or have accepted a position during the Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP), shall not apply for, discuss, interview for, or accept a concurrent year position in another program prior to the NRMP granting the requested waiver." More information is accessible at http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/2018-MPA-Specialities-Matching-Service.pdf.