The content on this website has been posted by The Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is current and correct, the Department makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or suitability of the information or materials contained in this resource for any particular purpose, particularly given the rapidly evolving knowledge with respect to COVID-19.
All trademarks, logos or copyrights displayed and used in the materials on this website are the property of their respective owners. Nothing in this site should be construed as granting any right or license to use any copyright or trademark without the written permission of its owner.
Quick ICU Training for COVID-19 by the Critical Care Education Pandemic Preparedness Team
Intensive Care Editorial: COVID-19 pneumonia: different respiratory treatment for different phenotypes?
intubateCOVID.org - a global registry to track occupational exposures and health outcomes for anesthesiologists involved in airway management for COVID-19 patients (https://intubatecovid.knack.com/registry#project-details/)
April 21, 2020
Drager - Checklist for usage of anesthesia devices for long-term ventilation
Drager - COVID-19 Usage of Drager Anesthesia Devices for Long-Term Ventilation
Drager - SARS-CoV-2 and handling of Drager Anesthesia Workstations
April 14, 2020 - Springer Nature: Sharing Information for locating and repurposing anesthetic machines as intensive care unit ventilators during th COVID-19 pandemic
April 8, 2020 - CAS Position Statement - Ethical Considerations of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) During Scarcity
April 5, 2020 - WEBINAR Physician Wellness: How to Maintain Your Wellbeing During the COVID-19 Pandemic
April 2, 2020 - The Council of Medical Specialty Societies issued a statement on personal protective equipment (PPE) for frontline health care professionals.
LESSONS LEARNT/PRACTICAL TIPS
- Vincent Chan, MD (staff)
- Matteo Parotto, MD (staff)
- Laura Bosco, MD (resident)
- Naheed Jivraj, MD (resident)
- Pilar Barrios (Education, Program Administrator)
- Brenda Bui (Operations & Business Manager)
- Matthew Da Silva, MD (resident)
- Linda Dresser (PharmD, Pharmacotherapy Specialist, SHS UHN Antimicrobial Stewardship Program)
- Karen Foley (staff)
- Alexander Hopkins, MD (resident)
- Shaqayeq Marashi, MD (resident)
- Felipe Munoz Leyva, MD (fellow)
- Joseph Kishan Perera, MD (resident)
- Brittany Prevost, MD (resident)
- Mandeep Singh, MD (staff)
- Michael Szpejda, MD (resident)
- Alon Vaisman, MD (infectious diseases specialist and infection control physician, UHN)
- David Wong, MD (staff)