- Clarke HA, Katz J, McCartney CJ, Stratford P, Kennedy D, Pagé MG, Awad IT, Gollish J, Kay J. Perioperative gabapentin reduces 24 h opioid consumption and improves in-hospital rehabilitation but not post-discharge outcomes after total knee arthroplasty with peripheral nerve block. Br J Anaesth. 2014 Nov;113(5):855-64
- Awad IT, Cheung JJ, Al-Allaq Y, Conroy PH, McCartney CJ. Low-dose spinal bupivacaine for total knee arthroplasty facilitates recovery room discharge: a randomized controlled trial. Can J Anaesth. 2013 Mar;60(3):259-65
- Cheung JJ, Chen EW, Darani R, McCartney CJ, Dubrowski A, Awad IT. The creation of an objective assessment tool for ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia using the Delphi method. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2012 May-Jun;37(3):329-33
- Choi S, Mahon P, Awad IT. Neuraxial anesthesia and bladder dysfunction in the perioperative period: a systematic review. Can J Anaesth. 2012 Jul;59(7):681-703
- Anns JP, Chen EW, Nirkavan N, McCartney CJ, Awad IT. A comparison of sartorius versus quadriceps stimulation for femoral nerve block: a prospective randomized double-blind controlled trial. Anesth Analg. 2011 Mar;112(3):725-31
Dr. Awad is a staff anesthesiologist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and an assistant professor with the University of Toronto. His academic research interests include ultrasound guided regional anesthesia in addition to educational practices in regional anesthesia. Dr. Awad also has a special interest in facilitation of patient discharge following lower limb joint arthroplasty procedures. His research has been published in the British Journal of Anesthesia, the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine as well as Anesthesia and Analgesia.