Clinical Academic Appointments
Departmental Appointments Committee (DAC)
Meetings and Deadlines
The Departmental Appointments Committee (DAC) is responsible for reviewing:
- New faculty appointments (all academic ranks);
- Junior promotions (from the rank of Lecturer to Assistant Professor);
- Three-year probationary reviews; and,
- Annual reappointment process (community-based faculty members – part-time and adjunct).
Laserfiche, the Faculty of Medicine’s online system for the processing and approval of academic appointments will be used for all clinical (MD), status only, and adjunct appointments. Applicants or administrative staff at our hospital partners will be able to start the application process by uploading the files through online forms. Members of the DAC will have access to the system to review and approve applications prior to them being made available to HR to arrange for final review and approval.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for an Academic Appointment has been developed to assist you in determining the appropriate appointment category and to outline the application requirements. This website also includes a mapping of the approvals process for both primary and concurrent appointments.
We request that the complete documentation packages for all new appointments at any academic rank be submitted via the online system by the deadlines indicated below.
Documents that are received after the deadlines indicated below will be deferred to the next DAC meeting. Please try to plan your submissions for new recruits around these deadlines or delays may be encountered. New academic appointments take approximately 3-4 months to complete, while those for Foreign Trained Physicians can take 5-6 months.
The relevant deadlines for 2017 are as follows:
- DAC Meeting Date: February 2017
- Submission Deadline: Friday, January 13, 2017
- DAC Meeting Date: April 2017
- Submission Deadline: Friday, March 24, 2017
- DAC Meeting Date: June 2017
- Submission Deadline: Friday, May 26, 2017
- DAC Meeting Date: September2017
- Submission Deadline: Friday, August 25, 2017
- DAC Meeting Date: November 2017
- Submission Deadline: Friday, October 27, 2017
Details of the appointment process and a list of the required documents can be found on the University of Toronto Clinical Affairs website.
For information regarding the academic appointments process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 978-4306.